When you are at the grocery store, staring at the wall of teas can be extremely daunting and intimidating. There are so many different types, all having a distinct taste and different purpose. Here are 7 herbal teas that can all be easily found at any store and have specific healing qualities:
1. Chamomile: Soothes the Tummy and the Soul | This is a relaxing tea that contains oils which relaxes the muscles in the stomach. It can help with digestion, irritable bowel problems and colitis. Use 1 tablespoon of the flowers per cup of boiling water.
2. Lemon Balm: Reduces Anxiety & Restlessness | This is a citrus-fresh tea that will help you feel sleepy. It tames tension and nervousness as well as lifting mild cases of the blues. Use 1 tablespoon of leaves per cup of boiling water.
3. Thyme: Against Cough, Bronchitis & Sinus Pressure | This is the perfect tea to relax that bronchial spasms caused by coughing due to colds and like infections. Use 2 teaspoons of dried thyme per cup of boiling water. Steep for 10 minutes and drink 3 times a day.
4. Peppermint: Helps Vanish Indigestion | This tea contains the digestive aid menthol that eases stubborn indigestion and gas to quell nausea and vomiting. Use 1 tablespoon of mint leaves per cup of boiling water
5. Rosemary: Can Ward Off Headaches | This tea wards off stress-induced headaches and prevents headaches caused by vasoconstriction, since it helps to keep blood vessels dilated. Use 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary per cup of boiling water.
6. Sage: Banishes Night Sweats | Sage will help you get a good night sleep and relax by reducing night sweats. Use 4 heaping tablespoons of dried sage per cup of boiling water. Cover tightly and steep for 4+ hours. Strain and enjoy.
7. Passionflower: Eases you into a Restful Sleep | It is recommended for insomnia thanks to the sedating substances found in the flower, vine and leaves. Use 1 teaspoon of dried herb per cup of boiling water.
What's your favorite brew?